Winters in Boston can be harsh! We recommend you have a heating system tune-up performed once each year. Why is this so crucial?
- Warranty. If you have a newer heating system, major repairs will mostly likely not be covered under warranty unless you receive annual inspections and maintenance.
- Wear and tear. Annual service to your boiler or furnace will prevent wear and tear and reduce the chances of major problems developing.
- Efficiency. A clean furnace or boiler performs more efficiently, saving you energy and money.
- Stop major issues before they start. Issues such as a leaky oil tank or a damaged chimney could be catastrophic if they are not caught on time.
- Keep humidity in check. Too much humidity fosters mold growth (and its subsequent health dangers) as well as causes woodwork to swell and warp. Too little humidity can cause dry skin, itchy eyes, sore throats, and even nose bleeds!
- Keep indoor air pollution in check. If your ductwork and furnace are not cleaned regularly, they can circulate allergens and pollutants like dust, pollen, and other particles throughout your home.
What do heating technicians actually do during a tune-up? Our techs will always provide the following services:
- Clean or replace the air filters
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Adjust the operating pressures
- Clean ignition assembly
- Monitor flue draft
- Measure temperature changes
- Clean and adjust the burner assembly
- Check gas supply for leaks
- Clean heat elements and heat exchanger
- And more!